Project One: Digital Literacy Narrative Due Wednesday, September 21, 11:59pm CT
This project asks you to create some kind of digital story about how you became literate in using digital communication technologies. Included in the story somehow should be a second story of your experience teaching yourself the rudiments of some new digital communication practice that you will use to create and share your project. While the primary media you will write in should be text, you may enhance that with any other type of media you choose (image, audio, video).
You will first send a proposal email to the instructor with the new digital communication technology you intend to learn for creating your project, along with a rough idea of how you will construct your story. Keep in mind that common word processors (Word, Mac Pages, Google Docs) are not allowed in this class.
Then, as you draft your narrative, you will turn in two in-progress drafts; the drafts should be shared as Dropbox share links that post to Basecamp. Those are due on September 7 and September 14 (both Wednesdays). If you opt to learn something that is Web-available, you can send the link to the project wherever it's hosted, rather than a Dropbox share link.
Deliverables & Milestones
- Proposal email to instructor (by Wednesday, August 31)
- Draft No. 1 in a Basecamp post pointing to a Dropbox link (due Wednesday, September 7)
- Comment on three other students' drafts on Basecamp (due Tuesday, September 13)
- Draft No. 2 in a Basecamp post with a Dropbox link (due Wednesday, September 14)
An email to the instructor (due Wednesday, September 21) that includes:
- A Dropbox share link pointing to your final draft
- A reflection memo, written in the body of the email, of about 8-10 sentences that talks about your experience working on this project, and your work in class so far